The Southern Nevada Soccer Association (SNSA) recreational leagues are affiliated with Soccer Association for Youth (SAY), a member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). When SNSA hosts a tournament, SNSA teams are eligible to participate without any additional administrative requirements. As a member of the USSF, SNSA teams are also eligible to play in open tournaments hosted by leagues or clubs associated with other USSF affiliates, including the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) and US Club Soccer. If your team is interested in playing in a USYSA, AYSO or US Club sanctioned tournament, the host organization will require proof that your players are members of a USSF-affiliated organization, as well as other registration paperwork, in order for your team to participate. This document provides a general list of items that your team may be required to provide in order to participate in a USYSA or AYSO tournament:
1. SAY Approval. SNSA teams must receive approval from our national affiliate, Soccer Association for Youth (SAY) to participate in an event that is not sponsored by SAY. The “Player Participation in Non-SAY Events” form must be completed and submitted to the SAY office for approval. This form can be obtained at the SAY website, www.saysoccer.org (click on the “Forms” link).
2. Player Passes. Teams will be required to present a player identification card, called a Player Pass, at check-in for most tournaments. The SNSA Registrar will provide Player Passes for your team upon request. A 1” x 1” photo is required for each player, preferably submitted in a digital format (.jpg file) via e-mail. Photos must be received a minimum of one week in advance of the date that the Player Passes are needed. SNSA player passes may not be used for an HUYS/SHU player that is guest-playing for a team that is not affiliated with SAY.
3. Medical Consent Forms. Most tournaments require that the coach present a signed medical consent form for each player. For SNSA players, the medical consent is included on the Medical Consent Roster form that is provided to coaches at the beginning of the season.
4. Birth Certificates. Some tournaments require teams to provide a copy of each player’s birth certificate. It is the coach’s responsibility to gather the birth certificates from the players; SNSA does not keep copies on file.
5. Guest Players. Many tournaments allow the use of a limited number of players that are not registered to your team, called “guest players”. Check with the Tournament Director for the policy on guest players. You will need the following documents for your guest player:
a. A completed SNSA “Guest Player Permission Form”, which has to be signed by the parent of the guest player, the coach of the lending team, and the SNSA Registrar. Please note that the SNSA guest player form is only applicable for players that play in Henderson United or Southern Highlands® United leagues that are guest-playing for another HUYS or SHU team. This form is not to be used for a player that plays in a league not affiliated with SAY, or for HUYS/SHU players requesting to guest-play for a team that is not affiliated with SAY. This form is available in the “Forms” section of our website.
b. Your guest’s medical consent, which is in possession of the lending coach.
A team that uses a guest player without permission of the guest player’s coach will be subject to league sanctions.
We encourage teams to play in tournaments – it can be a very rewarding experience for your players. For a list of local tournaments, visit the Nevada Youth Soccer Association website at www.usysnv.net. To place a request for Player Passes, or to get help with your tournament registration, send an e-mail request to email@example.com.